Track AffiliateWP conversions, visits, and referring urls from external landing pages.
($99/year, includes support & updates)
This plugin allows AffiliateWP to collect more information from visits to external sites:
- referring url
The official AffiliateWP addon External Referral Links is limited and only tracks conversions. This plugin is useful if you have many sites and landing pages located on a different site from the one where AffiliateWP is installed. And will show more stats to your affiliates to motivate them. Otherwise, they may give up if they aren’t able to see the visits count or which of your external sales pages are converting best.
There is also Cross Domain Tracker for AffiliateWP by Brainstorm Force, but it seems they’ve since given up. Their plugin no longer works…which is why I was forced to develop my own.
- Tracks more info than the official addon.
- Has 2 modes – MAIN site and EXTERNAL site, so you can install just one plugin on all sites.
External Tracker for AffiliateWP allows you to track affiliate links pointing to external sites where AffiliateWP is not installed. This plugin tracks much more useful data for your affiliates, increasing their motivation, and your sales!
- Track sales from landing pages on external sites (where AffiliateWP is not installed).
- Track visits to landing pages on external sites (where AffiliateWP is not installed).
- Can credit first referrer (default AffiliateWP behavior) or credit last referrer. You choose!
This addon was created to give you full AffiliateWP tracking features for external sites. Previously, there was only two addons that could (somewhat) do this…but each had their own limitations. So we ended up making our own.
- External Referral Links (official addon) – Can only track sales, doesn’t track visits to external sites…which can be discouraging for affiliates when they don’t see any hits. It also cannot track non-pretty affiliate links and supposedly doesn’t allow “credit last referrer” option.
- Cross Domain Tracker for AffiliateWP (3rd-party addon) – it supposedly tracked visits and allowed “credit last referrer” option, but the plugin no longer works and has since been abandoned.
- Install External Tracker for AffiliateWP on all your WordPress sites that you want to track visits and sales from (including the one with AffiliateWP installed).
- Configure settings for External Tracker for AffiliateWP on each site. Choose “MAIN site” for the site with AffiliateWP installed, and “EXTERNAL site” for all other sites.
All you have to do is install the plugin in all your sites, enter some a few quick settings and that’s it. That’s it! You can now enjoy the extra affiliate stats. 🙂
You don’t have to read this but it’s useful if you’re curious of what to expect.
- MAIN site – with AffiliateWP and External Tracker for AffiliateWP installed.
- EXTERNAL site – with only External Tracker for Affiliate installed.
Now go to the AffiliateWP Visits page (https://yourmainsite.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=affiliate-wp-affiliates)…and there you will see visits to your external site showing up in the “Landing Page” column, and on the right side which ones converted or not.
Buy External Tracker for AffiliateWP: